The aim of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is to increase the quality and quantity of website traffic by making use of organic search engine results. Organic traffic online is any traffic you do not have to pay for and this means that organic search traffic is the results which appear organically on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs).
To understand how SEO can benefit your content you first need to understand how search engines work. Take a look at the following to get a better understanding of how the SE of SEO works:
1. You open your internet browser and you’ll be directed to the search engine of your choice this could be Google, Yahoo or Bing.
2. You type in your search and press enter. That’s when the magic happens.
3. Your chosen search engine sends out a crawler, which scours the internet for keywords and phrases which match your search.
4. The results obtained from the crawler are returned to the search engine in less than a second and the search engine can then build an index to match your requested search.
5. The results are fed through an algorithm and they will appear on your computer screen as a list containing links back to the site where the crawler picked up the information.
To increase the chances of your content being seen, you want to be among the first results returned by the crawler and this is where SEO and a company like Concentric Marketing Brighton
comes in who can help you. Ultimately you want the crawlers to understand what they are seeing. The better they understand this, the easier it will be for them to return your page among the top results. This is where the O in SEO comes in.
Optimization of your content can take a number of forms. These include adding tags as well as Meta Descriptions which are highly informative. Successful marketers make sure of strategically places internal links to further enhance the optimization of content.
Here are two basic steps to follow to successfully optimize your content:
It is important to remember that the first step to optimizing your content is to make sure that the site you are working on is optimized for SEO. This can be easily achieved, especially if you are making use of a WordPress site with an SEO Plug-in. The golden rule here is to not overdo it. Rather than selecting 20 keywords or phrases for your site, only chose about 5. Keep it simple! Other elements you need to have on your site are header tags, a Meta Description, Image and Alt tags and Bolded Text.
This is the ultimate key to successful SEO. You need to make sure that the content you produce is pleasing not only for your visitors but also for the crawlers looking at your content. If you have great content, the search engine will absolutely love your site. You can start creating content by writing blog posts related to your service or product. Make sure that your content is easy to understand and well written. Try to include photographs or videos.